Sunday, May 7, 2017

Me-Time in College


Hey everyone! Today I am writing this in my room at home, William Woods had finals this week and I was finished in Tuesday afternoon and by the time this is posted, most everyone else will be done with finals there too. Most other schools have one more week before they are finished so good luck to all of you!
In college there are so many things to balance and Jennah gave us some tips on that here. One of the things we must juggle is our health; physical, mental, and emotional. I gave some tips on keeping physically healthy here, but today I am going to talk about the mental and emotional side of staying healthy. I know I am not an expert on this topic but after a year in college I have a few tips about staying sane in the insane atmosphere of college.

Me-Time. That is what I call keeping yourself sane. It is time you spend taking care of yourself and doing things for you. It is important to have this me-time, especially in the stress weeks near the end of the semester. You can spend so much time worrying, stressing, and doing school work you can forget about yourself. If you do this for too long your immune system becomes weak and you can get sick. Bottom line if you take care of your mental and emotional health you are taking care of your physical health as well.

                Now, me-time can be many different things, and while you can do some of them with friends the best way is to just do it by yourself. Personally I had me time on the weekends because I had the room all to myself when Aly went home. I suggest weekends because it’s a good way to unwind at the end of the week but whenever you have time in your schedule it better than never. speaking of schedules it is best to schedule in when you will have me-time otherwise you will look back and realize you haven't spent time on yourself in two months! All you have to do is find something that helps you relax, schedule a time to do it and do it!

Here is a list of ideas and an approximate f how long they will take:

v  Bake a cake (1 hour+)

v  Watch a movie and have popcorn

v  Go out for Hot Chocolate or ice cream depending on the season (1 hour +)

v  Apply a face mask (20 min)

v  Do your nails (20 min)

v  Listen to music and wrap up in a blanket (as long as you want)

v  Go to a farmer’s market (45 min)

v  Go to bed early (??)

v  Unplug for an hour (1 hour)

v  Dance (30 min)

v  Call your mother (30 min-1 hour)

v  Color (20 min)

v  Watch a sunset (30 min)

v  Read a book (30 min)

v  Yoga (40 min)

v  Watch Netflix (20-40 min)

 

My favorite me-time activity is a long shower. It not just a normal shower, this is a shower to beat all showers. Before I get in the shower I make a playlist and start playing music, change the sheets on my bed, brush, and floss my teeth, use mouthwash, take fingernail polish off, and brush my hair. Then when I get in the shower I shampoo, condition, comb out hair, put in a hair mask, use body wash, exfoliate, shave, wash my face, and rinse out the hair mask. After I get out I put on my PJ’s, comb out my hair and put it up in a towel, then I put on lotion, clean out my ears and put on chap stick. Then I put on a face mask, press back my cuticles, scrape down my calluses on my feet and spray my feet with my foot spray. When I am done with that I take off my face mask and gently wash my face before moving on to my hands. I use Mary Kay’s hand care and then do my nails. When my nails are all finished I take down my hair, comb it out and braid it before getting into my bed made with fresh, clean, sheets.

Whatever you do for me-time use it to relax and rejuvenate to keep yourself sane at school.

Until next time, Love God, Love Each other, and Love Disney

~Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! We love reading your comments and seeing what you all think! Please be nice, we will delete any rude/irrelevant/mean comments......So play nice :) If you want to contact us personally you can email us at friendsatthewoods@gmail.com