Saturday, October 14, 2017

College in Disney Songs


At the end of all of my posts I sign out with

 Love God, Love People, Love Disney,

~Lacey


And today I am going to touch on my love for Disney.

Here at William Woods it is midterms week, by the time this has been posted we will have finished all our midterms and I’m sure everyone will need something fun to lift their mood. So today I am going to describe college with Disney songs. However, this is going to be quiz style, I’m going to use lyrics and other references in the post and at the end will be the list of songs in order. Don’t worry, if you try you will get 100% on your test! Why? Because I am giving you the answers lol!

Before College:

I’ve got a dream

I’ve got a dream

I just wanna go to college yes you see


I wanna be where the college students are

I wanna see wanna see them party

Joining those Greek…

What do you call 'em? Sororities


Right now I'm the king of high school

Oh, the school thinks I'm VIP

I’ve reached the top and had to stop and that's what's bothering me

I wanna go to college, tour guide

And walk right into class

To be just like the other students

I’m tired of 'kid'ing around!


But all these things extend just around the riverbend

Waiting just around the riverbend

For me

Waiting for me


Freshman Year:

I wanna know, can you show me

I wanna know about these freshmen like me

Tell me more, please show me

Something's familiar in their fearful scared expressions


Unbelievable sights

Indescribable feeling

Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling

Through this endless college life

It’s a whole new world!


Gotta keep

One jump ahead of the homework

One swing ahead of the grades

I cheat only when I don’t know

And that all of it

One jump ahead of professors

That's all, and that’s no joke

These guys don’t appreciate I have a life


I will graduate someday, I can go the distance

I will find my way, if I can power through

I know every class, will be worth the stress

When I go the distance I’ll be right where I belong


Sophomore Year:


I admit that in the past I've been a freshman

They weren’t kidding when they called me, well, lost

But you'll find that now a days

I've learned of other ways

Grown up, learned the school, and teach ones like you

True? yes


I know your powers of remembrance

Are as bad as your test taking skills

But when the time has come, pay attention

Your grades are a matter of pride

Its clear from your pained expressions

The info is not all up in your brain

But we're talking future and profession

Even you cant be caught unawares

So prepare for the test of a lifetime

Be prepared for depressible news

A depressing new era

Is tiptoeing nearer

Be Prepared


Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me?

Why is my reflection a tired me I know?

Somehow I cannot hide

How tired I am, though I've tried

Why does my reflection show, how tired I am, inside?


Know the bare necessities

The simple bare necessities

Forget about you wishes and your wants

I mean the bare necessities

Old Mother Nature's requirements

Only the bare necessities of life


Junior Year:


Im gonna be a senior soon

Lower class beware

Ive never seen a college senior

With a life such a mess

Im gonna be the main event

Like no senior before

Im getting ready for the big wide world

Im working on my life

Thus far a rather uninspiring thing

Oh I just cant wait to rule the school!


At first you think professor is the devil

But after class has worn down the shock

You come to realize you’ve seen that kind of torture

In all the crazy heart stopping horror movies!


I've been staring at the edge of campus

Long as I've been here

Never really knowing why

I wish I could be the perfect student

But I come back to real life

No matter how hard I try

I class I take

Every test I track

Every path I run

Every road leads back to the place I know where I long to be…real life


The computer glows white in the library tonight

Not a living soul to be seen

A kingdom of study time

And looks like I reign supreme

The AC is howling makes a swirling storm of notes

Couldn’t hold them down, heaven knows I tried

Memorize the terms, know the facts

Be the good girl you always have to be

Memorize, don’t sleep, don’t let it stress show

Well know it shows

Let it go, let it go

I dont care anymore

Let it go let it go

Turn away and leave the school!

I don’t care

What professors will say

Let life go on!

The stress never bothered me anyway!


Senior Year:

Then by senior year you don’t care…at all.

You become Very hakuna matata about this school thing.

All you know it that you are almost there and you want to know when you life will begin.

Then graduation comes around and while you are glad it is over you want the school, your friends, and even some of your professors to know they will be in your heart.



I hope you enjoyed that super, super long post (sorry about that). If you didn’t catch all the songs here are the ‘answers’!


Before College:

1)     I’ve got a Dream from: Tangled

2)     Part of you World from: The Little Mermaid

3)     I Wanna be Like You from: Jungle Book

4)     Just Around the Riverbend from: Pocahontas

Freshman Year:

1)     Strangers like Me from: Tarzan

2)     Whole new World from: Aladdin

3)     One Jump Ahead from: Aladdin

4)     Go the Distance from: Hercules

Sophomore Year:

1)     Poor Unfortunate Souls from: The Little Mermaid

2)     Be Prepared from: Lion King

3)     Reflection from: Mulan

4)     The Bare Necessities from: The Jungle Book

Junior Year:

1)     I just can’t wait to be King from: Lion King

2)     Cruella DeVille from: 101 Dalmatians

3)     How Far I’ll Go from: Moana

4)     Let it Go from: Frozen

Senior Year:

1)     Hakuna Matata from: Lion King

2)     Almost There from: The Princess and the Frog

3)     When will my life begin from: Tangled

4)     You’ll be in my Heart from: Tarzan





Love God, Love People, Love Disney

~Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! We love reading your comments and seeing what you all think! Please be nice, we will delete any rude/irrelevant/mean comments......So play nice :) If you want to contact us personally you can email us at friendsatthewoods@gmail.com