Sunday, April 22, 2018

Summer Plans


Hi guys,
This will be my formal farewell to the Friend’s at the Woods Blog because I am transferring to a school closer to home. 15 hours is a long way from home! 

This summer I don’t have any formal plans except to enjoy some time at the beach with my family during Father’s Day weekend. I hope to possibly get some dog walking jobs as well as babysitting for families in the surrounding town. I plan on exercising almost every day doing things like riding my bike on the boardwalk, walking my dog as well as going on walks with my mom. My friend has a job at the barn I worked at last summer so there are many opportunities for me to visit her, as she goes to college at Stockton University and I have not seen her since last summer. I hope to go on lots of adventures with my sister, as she just got her license in March of this year. My goal is to explore many different restaurant’s around my area.
~Morgan

My plans for the summer are the same as last summer. I will be working at a daycare near my house. I am what is called Direct Support Staff which means I work one-on-one with an autistic child. While some days can be hard, the love and reward of this job definitely out ways the bad days. I also love being able to go to my home church back home. Even on breaks or long weekends I don’t normally get to go because my church meets on Wednesday nights instead of Sunday mornings but I am looking forward to being there for 4 months. My last plan for the summer is to get my driver’s license. This has been a four year struggle but I now have a car and need the license to go with it!
Love God, Love Others, Love Disney,
~Lacey

Hi friends, I hope all of you are doing good and are surviving finals week. Believe in yourselves I know you can do this!!!!  On a more happy note summer break is almost here and this means one of two things for students ether we go straight to a internship or job or we relax the summer away. As for me I am going to a internship for the summer. I am going to be work for a company that deals with conservation. My jobs for the internship is in a going to be making plants and tree signs for all greenery at the conservation center in Jeff City. I am also going the be working with my mother with her photography business. I make all of the pictures look all pretty. I also have a family trip to Branson and Springfield. We are going to some shows and to the new aquarium bowling. This is my fun summer plans and I hope that you all have a amazing summer with anything you are planning to do.
~Aly

Hey guys! This summer I plan on taking come college courses from straighterline. Which includes College Algebra, Personal Finance, Western Civilization, Accounting 1, and Business Law. I also will be working at our hometown pool as the Assistant Manager for the second year in a row. Right now I have no other plans then work and college courses. Yes, I know sounds like a lot of fun. I like to stay busy doing things I love! The Summer will end earlier for me because I am returning as a Community Advisor but will be living in Cutlip this time, which I'm excited about!
Until the ‘morrow we will speak again
~Megan

This summer I will be an intern at an accounting firm! Our primary job will be auditing the local school district. It will be here in Missouri, so I will be living on my own for the summer. I am super excited to get some hands-on accounting experience and be able to explore different branches of accounting. I don't know what type of accounting I want to pursue yet, so hopefully this internship will help me figure out what I like best! After finals are over, I plan to go home for a week to unwind, leave some of my stuff home and prepare for my new job. Over the summer, I also plan to ride here at school on the weekends and continue volunteering to get some hours for Project 123. It will be a busy and educational summer!
-Jennah



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! We love reading your comments and seeing what you all think! Please be nice, we will delete any rude/irrelevant/mean comments......So play nice :) If you want to contact us personally you can email us at friendsatthewoods@gmail.com