Sunday, October 2, 2016

Why We Started This Blog

Lacey here! When I went into my senior year of High School at 16 and I was taking college classes at Missouri Baptist University to get some college credit. I knew if I studied the same way I had the rest of my High School years I wouldn’t make it. So I went the best place for study tips – Pinterest! No really, going to Pinterest was the best thing I did. I spent almost two whole days researching and studying how to study. It may seem excessive but I was freaking out inside and needed some help.






 As I was looking for these tips I also decided to look for tips on college life in general and I found that a lot of the tips I was finding were from the same sites – blogs. I started to look through these blogs to see what else I could find and eventually started to check them on a regular basis. I found all kinds of tips and tricks on how to study, what to pack, and college life in general.


After I followed these blogs for a year it was time to pack and head to college myself. Once again I looked at all of their lists and of what to pack, packed up, and moved out. After I moved into the dorm I started to think about all the stories from those blogs about why they had stared the blogs and all the fun they had had doing it and slowly an idea started to form in my mind. Why miss out on all the fun when I could start my own blog?!? Besides, I thought, I had been trying to decide on a way to remember all the fun times I was going to have and wanted to remember, and I could do this on a blog too!

After this came the realization that I wouldn’t be able to do it by myself. Not because it is difficult but because I am the type of person that slowly forgets to do a long-term project after the initial drive wears off. I knew if I was starting a blog I would need some kind of face-to-face accountability to keep me on track.

The first time I mentioned it to someone I mentioned it to Victoria and she said she thought I was a cool idea but that she didn’t think she wanted in. So I waited about two days and mentioned it at one of our almost daily friend gatherings. That is when we decided to make the ‘performance’ (aka this blog!). And we wanted to let the ‘audience’ in (you) and perform right that second! But reason won out and we realized we needed to do all the backstage work first. We needed a name for the show, a date for the show to start and some dances to show when the curtains opened (and if you couldn’t tell from all that I am a dancer). We had an almost two hour meeting, although honestly a lot of it was spent goofing off, but we came up with a plan.


While everyone has a different reason for joining me in my ‘performance’ I think we all have a few reasons in common:

v  We want to remember even the little things

v  We want a reason to hang out all the time

v  We want a stronger relationship with our friends

v  We want others who read this to learn from our mistakes

v  We want others to learn quickly what we had to learn slowly

v  And last but not least we want to have a bit of fun by putting our experiences on paper (the internet) to look back on in the years to come


I hope to have fun with this as I go through four years of college and whatever else God decides to give me in life! Come! Join us as we celebrate life's adventures as Friends at the Woods!

Have you ever started a blog? why did you start yours? and if you haven't have you ever considered it before?

Until next time, Love God, Love Each other and Love Disney
~Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! We love reading your comments and seeing what you all think! Please be nice, we will delete any rude/irrelevant/mean comments......So play nice :) If you want to contact us personally you can email us at friendsatthewoods@gmail.com