Sunday, October 2, 2016

Meet Lacey


Hey Everyone! My name is Lacey and I am a18 year old sophomore at William Woods University (WWU). I am an ASL Interpreting major with a passion to help the Deaf keep their culture, yet still be able to live life to the fullest in this hearing world. My ultimate goal is to interpret in the courts and I have a minor in Political-Legal Studies to help me get there.




I am originally from Ferguson MO, and most everyone seems to know where that is (Or at least heard about it :)! Ha-ha! But don’t worry my family moved about six months before everyone knew about Ferguson. We moved to Wentzville MO and we have loved it every day. When I moved to college I left behind both of my parents and a younger sister and brother and I miss them every single day. Growing up I went to a private school thru fourth grade and after that I was homeschooled. Because of this my siblings are some of my closest friends and I wouldn’t have it any other way.


Some of my other goals in life are to:

1)     Keep God my  #1 priority in life and to give Him all the glory

2)     Graduate college and get my interpreting license in MO

3)     Get married, have kids, and adopt

4)     Visit a historical or nature monument in each state

5)     Remain as debt free as possible


Some of my hobbies include:

v  Developing my relationship with my Savior (although it is more than just a hobby)

v  Running (even though I’m not very good at it J)

v   Cooking (somewhat healthy)

v   Dancing (I'm on the Dance Team here at WWU)

v   Hanging out with friends (and meeting new ones)

v   Reading (blogs and books)

v   And binge watching TV shows (including but not limited to, Full House, 7th Heaven, Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-o, Boy Meets World, and Girl Meets World)


I love Disney, sign language, fresh food, and walks in nature. I love life and I want to be happy living the live my God has given me! That is why the saying I live by is: “When you dance your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.” (Wayne Dyer) I think this applies to all of life not just dancing which is why I want to enjoy life to the fullest and share it with others. This is why I came up with the idea for this blog and got my friends to join me on this new adventure! Go meet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! We love reading your comments and seeing what you all think! Please be nice, we will delete any rude/irrelevant/mean comments......So play nice :) If you want to contact us personally you can email us at friendsatthewoods@gmail.com